Many personality defecits seem to be a lack of communication. Bartenders are often the center of a good conversation and should be prepared to communicate. By learning their trade and remembering a few key points anyone can be a good entertainer.
Here is a list of things I do to prepare myself for some events. Some of these items are now a routine for me.
- Every time you have an event learn a few good clean jokes. Google em or subscribe to an online joke a day blog.
- If serving wine, read the label, so you can describe it with confidence. Also, increase your knowledge with some tips like these.
- Read the news. World news or sports are great items to discuss when all else fails. I usually glance at AOL's front page.
- Learn how to pour beer correctly.
- Impress people with your bar trivia knowledge.
Hopefully, these ideas will help spark your imagination. The next time you need a topic you'll be prepared and ready to entertain by remember some of these tips. Always be ready to switch it up! I am currently working on my acting imitations for example, but only time will tell if it's a success.
Goodluck and be sure to visit BarBop the next time you need great bar service at your event.